Frequently Asked Questions
How can I purchase tickets?
- Tickets can be purchased through our Events Page, or by visiting our Ticketleap Site. You can choose your own seats but only from a desktop device, otherwise, seats will be automatically assigned for events with reserved seating.
When is your box office open?
- Our box office is open M/W/F from 10 am to 3 pm or 30 to 45 minutes prior to each show
Movie Cancellation Policy:
- As a non-profit, the Capitol Theatre reserves the right to cancel any scheduled movie if there aren't any ticket sales within 48 hours of showtime.
How does seating work?
- All movies are General Admission unless otherwise stated. All live events will be Reserved Seating ONLY.
Do you have handicapped seating?
- We do have handicapped seating. However, you must contact the theatre to purchase those seats as they cannot be purchased online.
What is the age for Children's tickets?
- Children 3 and up require a ticket to all shows.
Do I need to pay for my infant?
- You do not need a ticket for your infant, however, they must sit in someone's lap. If you would like a seat for the infant, a ticket must be purchased.
Are refunds available?
- Refunds are only available if a show is canceled/postponed due to an issue out of our control. In all other cases, we will issue you a gift card for the tickets purchased to use for any other event at the theatre.
Where is parking?
- Parking is available on the street downtown, within half a mile there is also parking at Towne Gate Center, behind the General Morgan Inn, and a parking lot on South College Street.
Do you rent out for private parties?
- We do rent for private parties from Corporate meetings, birthday parties, school field trips, weddings, church services, and so much more. Check out our Rent the Capitol Page for more info.
Do you serve concessions?
- Currently, we offer a variety of candy, soft drinks and water, and popcorn. Beer is available upon request and during certain events, we will have cash bars.
How can I volunteer?
- We are always in need of more volunteers. Check out our Volunteers page or contact the theatre for more information.